- Initiate a sound on your device even if the sound is off
- Initiate a message on your device with a phone number
- Wipe all the information off your device
This is very useful but you have to set it up in advance!
How to Set Up Your Device - iPad or iPhone
- Tap on the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Tap iCloud
- Tap Find My iPad/iPhone button to turn it on (green)
How to Set Up Your Device - Android
- On your Android device go to the Google Market and download Google Device Policy App. Open the app and go through the steps to activate it.
- Tap Apps
- Tap Google Settings
- Tap Android Device Manager
- Tap both boxes shown. for "Remotely locate this device" and "Allow remote lock and erase"
Locate your Device - iPad or iPhone
- On a computer go to www.icloud.com
- Enter your AppleID and password
- Click on Find my iPad/iPhone
- Enter your AppleID password
- A map will appear in a few seconds showing a green dot with the location of your device.
- Click on the green dot and the "i" to see options for interacting with your device.
- On a computer go to www.google.com/android/devicemanager
- Login with your gmail information that is connected to your device
- A map will appear showing the location of the device and options to interact with the device.