You have a tablet or iPad or laptop that does not have data built in so that when you are away from home you either need to use a public WiFi network or are restricted to apps that are downloaded. You may not have realized that you have the capability of creating your own secure WiFi network from your phone which will allow a few devices to connect.
Most carriers include this feature as part of your data plan. So if you have a an Android or iPhone you most likely have this feature. Check with your carrier if these instructions do not work.
2. Tap More under Wireless & Networks
3. Tap Tethering & Portable Hotspot (exact description may vary depending on Android version)
4. Tap Set up WLAN Hotspot
5. In the Network SSID enter the name for your WiFi
6. In the Password box enter a password for your WiFi (create your own)
7. Tap Save
8. Tap Portable WLAN hotspot button. Now your phone will generate a WiFi network.
9. On the tablet or other device tap the WiFi option and you should see the WiFi you just created showing. Tap on it and enter the password you created to connect.
2. Tap Personal Hotspot (if you don't see it scroll up)
3. Tap Personal Hotspot button, it will turn green
Tap Wi-Fi Password to change the default password to something easier for you. Tap Done.
4. On the tablet or other device tap the WiFi option and you should see the WiFi you just created showing. Tap on it and enter the password you created to connect
Note: if you have not changed the name of your iPhone, your WiFi hotspot will be just "iPhone". To change it os that it says "Larry's iPhone", go to Settings > General > About > Name.